Appalachian Mountain Community Health Centers
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Role Summary: Federally Qualified Health Center located in beautiful Asheville NC, is looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for developing financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans; directing staff. The CFO will perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CPA)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
AMCHC firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Simple IRA savings plan
- Three weeks PTO
AMCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time