OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • All Counties
May 01, 2021
April 19, 2021
JOB TITLE: Assistant Medical Director
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: Negotiable
The Assistant Medical Director will assist the Medical Director with oversight of medical provider teams as well as other clinical aspects of the organization. In the absence of the Medical Director, position will serve as chief spokesperson for the organization on medical matters. The Assistant Medical Director will also oversee special programming within OIC FMC and be responsible for a limited amount of direct patient care. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct regular sampling and review of patient charts.
• Assist with the development, review, and update OIC FMC medical policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Assist with the supervision of medical staff and services.
• Assist with managing the clinical aspects of the Quality Control and Medical Quality Assurance Plans which involves monitoring and evaluating the quality of care given by all medical personnel.
• Assist with ensuring that medical staff adhere to the credentialing review and privileging process.
• Assist with the maintenance of adequate, current clinical infrastructure to support the provision of appropriate patient care.
• Assist with the orientation of new provider staff.
• Promote interdepartmental efficiency and communication among staff members.
• Assist the Medical Director in promoting good public relations.
• Attend regular meetings, seminars and training as assigned.
• Maintain appropriate medical certification as required by the NC Medical Board.
• Oversee and direct special OIC FMC programming such as the partnership with the Rocky Mount Housing Authority (ROCI), Mobile Area Health Clinic (MAHC), Exercise Therapy, HRSA programming, etc.
• Provide oversight for programming related to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) such as Hypertension, SUDS, etc. ensuring compliance with all applicable program and reporting requirements.
• Provide direct patient care a maximum of two days per week, filling in for other provider outages when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited medical school with a Doctorate of Medicine (MD) with experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN and Pediatrics; Minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous leadership/supervisory/management experience within hospital or other healthcare setting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Must possess considerable initiative and judgment in formulating policies, planning, analyzing health care activities, and selecting personnel; Ability to work effectively with other medical staff, patients, and subordinates. Ability to lead others with respect; Ability to meet and communicate effectively with Federal, State, and local officials.
PREFERRED: Bilingual/Spanish Speaking.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.