OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Nash County
September 21, 2021
September 16, 2021
JOB TITLE: Care Coordinator II (RN Required)
DEPARTMENT: Care Coordination
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: $65,000/annually to $80,000/annually
The Care Coordinator II (RN) addresses the needs of the population served by assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the options and services required and using communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective health outcomes. Working within the Registered Nurse scope of practice, and in concert with the Primary Care Provider, patient, caregivers, family members, other members of the Care Management Team and the community to coordinate a full continuum of health care services considering the holistic needs of the member, inclusive of unique social and cultural dynamics.
The Care Coordinator II will support OIC’s goals and objectives in meeting performance improvement targets for various initiatives, data analysis that supports care management, standardized plan of care expectations, and patient team development. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide effective Care Management services based on case management standards of practice to enrolled populations.
• Complete comprehensive assessments considering the total individual, inclusive of medical, biopsychosocial, behavioral, spiritual, and cultural needs to enrolled population, throughout the continuum of care.
• Develop, review, and evaluate the member care plan in partnership with the member, caregiver/family members, providers, and Care Management team members, as applicable.
• Work with patients to identify behavioral, social, cultural, and environmental strengths and challenges as it relates to his/her diagnosis, treatment, and access to care.
• Identify and address barriers that impede health outcomes.
• Implement Care Management interventions per the patient’s care plan.
• Work in conjunction with patient to formulate, develop, and implement patient-centered plans using therapeutic skills and techniques such as trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, strengths-based, and solution-focused modalities.
• Provide education to patient/family about clinical diagnosis, medications, available resources, prevention, and risk factors to achieve optimal self-management.
• Utilize therapeutic skills and techniques to help patients achieve healing, growth, health, and wellness.
• Monitor quality and effectiveness of interventions to the enrolled populations by setting patient-centered SMART goals in collaboration with the patients/families.
• Processes referrals to members of the patient engagement team (social work, behavioral health, community resource coordinators) and/or clinical team (pharmacy, pharmacy technician, patient coordinator) appropriately, accurately, and timely according to established workflows.
• Serve as a liaison among the patient/family, community services, primary providers, specialists, and other care team members to coordinate services without duplication.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
• Maintain appropriate member documentation in the Care Management documentation platform, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Engage and maintain collaborative relationships with community provider agencies that promote quality care and cost-effective health care utilization.
• Adhere to OIC privacy and security policies to ensure that patient and network data are properly safeguarded.
• Abide by department guidelines, company policies, and HIPAA regulations.
• Attend departmental and corporate meetings, local and regional trainings, or other events as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited School of Nursing with valid, unrestricted NC RN license; Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
Preferred: Certified Case Manager (CCM) a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent verbal communication skills; must be able to prioritize effectively; excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills; must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority; requires the ability to maintain confidentiality; must be able to function as part of a team; experience documenting in electronic health record; proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint use and e‐mail communication.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!