Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers, Inc.
Concord, North Carolina • Cabarrus County
December 02, 2020
High School / GED
December 02, 2020
Summary of Position
Dental Assistant prepare for oral examination and assist other dental workers, such as dentists, dental therapists and dental hygienist, in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth and gums. Dental Assistants also carry out chair-side and receptionist duties.
· Experience: At least two (2) years of dental assisting experience
· Additional skills required: Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of oral health care. Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team. Able to effectively utilize an electronic dental record to document all patient encounters.
Additional skills preferred: English, Spanish a plus.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Certification(s)/Licensure: Must have Certification as a Registered Dental Assistant required
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Frequent walking, standing and moving about.
· Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
· Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
· Talk and hear.
1. Greet patients and prepare them for necessary dental procedures.
2. Always offers assistance and/or instruction to patient. Protect privacy of the patient and maintains confidentiality of information. Never discuss patient information outside of the department.
3. During oral examination or treatment, provide instruments and dispense materials as directed by operator.
4. Prepares patient for examination/treatment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
5. Practices good aseptic techniques and complies with infection control regulations.
6. Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment required by protocol. No soiled instruments will be acceptable.
7. Operates dental equipment according to protocol to achieve optimum results.
8. Performs maintenance and cleaning on a daily basis.
9. Provide pre and post-operative instructions for patients undergoing general or local anesthesia.
10. Order and re-stock dental supplies.
11. Make appointments for patients, keep records of patients’ treatments and send out reminders for re-examinations.
12. Register, check-in and collect payments.
13. Always maintain all patient files, while under service.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
CRCHC Core Requirements
1. Patient Centered Customer Service – Whether directly or indirectly, we work to support the delivery of an excellent patient experience to everyone served by the organization.
2. Caring and Compassion – We provide empathic comfort to those in distress and share kindness in all interpersonal interactions.
3. Respectful Communication – We communicate openly, honestly and without judgment while honoring each individual’s uniqueness and assuming the best of those with whom we interact.
4. Teamwork – We are members of a diverse interdisciplinary team working together to meet a common goal.
5. Accountability – We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance and actions.
6. Customer Safety – We recognize and correct potential hazards to protect ourselves and our customers.
CRCHC provides comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to our patients regardless of ability to pay. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide health care to all members of our community, including low income, indigent, and uninsured patients who may not otherwise be able to afford health care via traditional sources. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
Job Type: Full-time
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.