Charlotte Community Health Clinic
Charlotte, North Carolina • All Counties
January 04, 2022
December 08, 2021
The Charlotte Community Health Clinic (CCHC) is a non-profit agency whose vision is to provide a healthy community where all individuals regardless of ability to pay will have access to comprehensive coordinated quality healthcare. The clinic provides quality, accessible primary care, behavior health and dental services to pediatric and adult patients coming from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, including patients experiencing homelessness. CCHC works in partnership with other community-based organizations to meet the needs of the medically underserved.
Responsible for day to day effective and efficient operations of the Charlotte Community Health Clinic (CCHC). Works under the supervision of the Chief Compliance and Nursing Officer (CCNO) and collaborates with Medical Director to assure that sites operates in a manner consistent with CCHC mission and strategic plan. The Clinical Nurse Supervisor will ensure that staffing needs are met, supplies are available and accessible to the care team and that patient centered quality care and customer satisfaction remain central to the activities of all employees at CCHC.
· Responsible for direct supervision of clinical staff (nurses and medical assistants).
· Responsible for day to day clinical operations (i.e. staffing, workflows, auditing, infection Control, compliance etc.) for clinical sites.
· Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, selection and orientation of team members.
· Evaluates staff performance relative to job goals/requirements; coaches staff and recommend and perform necessary in-service education programs and/or training identified.
· Works under the direction and supervision of the CCNO to ensure adherence and compliance to federal, state and internal policies/standards in the clinical setting.
· Regularly communicates new/changed regulations, polices and or procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
· Responsible for maintaining assigned budget and ordering clinical supplies.
· Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for clinical staff
· Supervises, teaches clinical team, and provides feedback, as needed
· Ability to assist in clinic as needed (i.e., provide patient care, assist with offsite clinics)
· Delegates or assigns patient care to appropriate team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task, evaluates outcomes.
· Licensed and credentialed [Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner
· 3-5 years’ experience in clinical or community resource settings with supervisory/managerial experience required; care coordination and/or case management experience is desirable
· Evidence of essential leadership, education, counseling skills, and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues across sites.
· Proficiency in communication technologies (email, cell phone, etc.)
· Highly organized with ability to keep accurate notes and records
· Experience with health IT systems and reports is desirable
· Local knowledge about and connections to community health care and social welfare resources is desirable
· Bilingual preferred but not required
· BLS/CPR (or earned within 90 days of hire)
· Ability to travel to other clinical sites when needed
Special Skill Requirements:
· Core values consistent with a patient- and family-centered approach to care
· Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective, and tactful communication skills, including written, verbal and nonverbal
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and respectful, professional customer service
Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
· Proactively acts as patient advocate, responding with empathy and respect to resolve patient and family concerns, and recognizes opportunities for improvement to meeting patient concerns
· Proactively continues to educate self on providing quality care and improving professional skills