The Member Management Specialist coordinates provider and services data management for Carolina Medical Home Network and the NC Community Health Center Association. The Member Management Specialist ensures timely, accurate, and effective communication between North Carolina Community Health Center staff and participating health centers related to provider and services data and will support development of corresponding policies and internal processes. This role will manage spreadsheets and engage with all NCCHCA teams to ensure they have accurate health center information.
The NC Community Health Center Association (NCCHCA) is the sponsor and managing partner of the Carolina Medical Home Network, LLC (CMHN) which is a clinically integrated network of North Carolina health centers focused on performance improvement across Medicaid and commercial health plan contracts. The North Carolina Community Health Center Association (NCCHCA) holds cooperative agreements with the Health Resources and Services Agency (HRSA) to serve as the state Primary Care Association (PCA) and Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN). In these roles NCCHCA provides technical assistance, training, and health IT support to North Carolina’s federally qualified health centers and look alike entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of relevant experience required, or Associate Degree plus 4 years non-profit or community health center administrative experience may substitute for BA degree requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and experience using Microsoft Access
- Experience using data analysis tools to perform analyses and create data visualizations (i.e., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience and/or familiarity with Community Health Centers and or safety-net primary care providers a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial and other third party contracting preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time with occasional overnight travel
- Primarily responsible for all data entry and maintenance related to NCCHCA’s provider data management systems.
- Assists NCCHCA staff with the establishment and implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices associated with health center roster and information management services and enrollment activities.
- Corresponds regularly with health center staff for timely data collection to meet credentialing and enrollment related deadlines.
- Maintains the collection and submission of all provider- and services-related data, as relevant to Carolina Medical Home Network’s participating providers and organizations, and as requested by NCCHCA funders, member health centers, and other third parties.
- Assists the Network Development Manager with special projects and support within other areas of CMHN and NCCHCA.
- Assists the Director of Revenue Cycle Management and Staff Accountant with reconciling practice information provided directly to NCCHCA with Health Plan, State and Federal sources of provider and service information.
- Participates in NCCCHCA strategic discussions on the implementation and expansion of member information management services.
- Coordinates the collection and implementation of health center feedback on the development of NCCHCA’s credentialing services.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with health center staff, stakeholders, partners and NCCHCA staff.
- Consistently working at desk in front of computer monitor, significant typing and data entry, majority of the day is spent indoors and sitting
- Typical office environment with occasional travel around the state to visit participating health centers