United Health Centers
Winston Salem, North Carolina • All Counties
May 25, 2021
May 03, 2021
Position Title: Dental Assistant II
Reports To: Dental Director
Assist the Dentist chairside with dental procedures, independently performs direct patient care functions, performs laboratory procedures, sterilizes and manager dental instruments, dental radiographs (expose, process and mount), coordinates patient traffic, manage dental supplies and dental equipment maintenance.
Certification: Certification as a Dental Assistant II, Radiology Certification , Coronal Polishing Certification and CPR-Basic Life Support
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, email/internet and ability to learn other healthcare related software.
1. Assists dentist in all phases of dental care, based on detailed knowledge of different dentists’ techniques and preferences.
2. May assist with specialized dentistry, such as orthodontia, periodontia, surgery or prosthetics.
3. May assist more than one dentist concurrently.
4. Takes, develops, and mounts x-rays. May perform complex or specialized radiography.
5. Sets up and sterilizes exam rooms and equipment, in accordance with universal safety precautions and other safety standards.
6. May order and stock supplies and maintain equipment.
7. May instruct patients in proper oral health techniques.
8. Answers inquiries from patients related to clinic administrative functions, and schedules appointments.
9. May perform initial assessment or triage incoming patients.
10. May assist in training new dental assistants.
11. May maintain and prepare dental records and reports.
12. Performs related duties as required.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Diverse pediatric, adolescent, adult geriatric
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires full range of body motion, finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Exposure to conditions common to a dental clinic environment
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.