United Health Centers
Winston Salem, North Carolina • All Counties
May 25, 2021
High School / GED
May 03, 2021
Position Title: Dental Patient Service Coordinator
Reports To: Dental Director
Patient Service Coordinator Summary:
Serves by performing the following functions for the patient-check-in, registration, billing, referral, dental records, answering telephone, and appointment scheduling. Provides excellent customer service.
Patient Service Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
• Promptly answers, screens, and processes dental service requests and telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
• Provides information on United Health Centers (UHC) customers’ programs, policies, and procedures.
• Collects and enters patient intake information into the appropriate dental service software system to initiate the transaction. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate.
• Utilizes computer software to register patients, schedule appointments, and effectively communicates such information to the appropriate party per established protocols or rules of client.
• Participates in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the call center or customer service environment. Attends or reviews 100% of team meetings annually.
• Responds to irate callers in a professional manner.
• Meets outlined United Health Centers (UHC) benchmarks and/or quality indicators as monitored through audits or recordings.
• Supports organizational changes. Demonstrates flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the call center via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
• Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management.
Service Quality Expectations
• Customer service oriented.
• Meets United Health Centers (UHC) standards in all categories on a monthly basis.
• Team player.
• Meets the expectations of our internal and external customers in providing excellent service.
• Demonstrates positive customer relationship skills with all telephone encounters.
• Seeks and supports changes in call flow processes and communication services. Suggests improvements and participates in organized efforts to improve service levels.
• Willingly performs other duties or tasks as assigned and handles multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Promotes sense of pride in call center and positive interpersonal relations among all team members.
• Exhibits commitment to effective problem solving techniques when issues arise.
• Continuously acts to maintain a safe, clean, healthy, and fun work environment consistent with United Health Centers (UHC) professional patient/caller service, vision, values, and endeavors.
• Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work, and demonstrates minimal absenteeism.
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
• Candidate should be bilingual
• High School Diploma (or the equivalent).
• 2 year experience in a customer service environment.
• Basic computer skills that include a combination of experience in a Windows Operating System, e-mail, and data entry experience.
• At least 1 year phone experience in a previous job or volunteer position.
• Knowledge of HIPPA regulations
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.