Behavioral health services require a team-based approach. As such, this individual will be interacting and working with a wide variety of stakeholders: physicians, nurses, social workers, administrative staff, patients, families, and partnered social services. We are looking for a solid individual with the ability to analyze and interpret information orientation to detail ,communicate, form, and maintain professional relationships. This position leads a team of professionals whose function is to support health centers in building comprehensive services to meet the needs of their patients and communities, with a focus on supporting health centers to:
- Create and sustain efforts to address patient and community social determinants of health.
- Support and sustain the enabling services workforce, including community health workers.
- Build and sustain integrated behavioral health care and coverage.
- Effectively serve BPHC- defined special and priority populations.
- Engage with local, state, and national partners to promote health access.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Statistics, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health care leadership position.
- Experience in health policy, health economics, research or reimbursement preferred.
- Experience serving Community Health Centers, safety-net primary care providers, and non-profit boards is preferred.
- Proven capabilities to manage a complex portfolio of initiatives in various stages of maturity.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influencing skills at all levels in the organization, across the lifecycle including shaping the highest-priority analytics use cases through adoption.
- Strong understanding of mechanics of data structures, provider pricing methodologies, consumer analytics, risk/gain-share payment models preferred.
- Leader and visionary with the ability to translate and explain complex models and health care analytics to senior management, and the Association’s members.
Proven experience improving the efficiency of an analytics function and its effect on organizational performance.
- Master’s degree in public health, health administration, social work, public policy, or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in complex organizations through exceptional leadership .
- Ability to facilitate board committees and workgroups.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Deep knowledge of using analytics in driving value-based care reimbursement performance and leveraging predictive analytics.
- Proven ability to think strategically and plan effectively; detailed and results-oriented while managing multiple task against deadlines.
- Understanding of provider performance standards and techniques (cost and quality).
- Innovative, forward thinker with demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, as well as strong abilities in relationship management.
Community Centered Health Manager