- Ensures the provision of financial services and management that will enable NCCHCA to achieve its operational and strategic goals and initiatives in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures financial statements and records are kept in accordance to GAAP and applicable regulations of other outside agencies through review, analysis, and audit.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Monitors internal controls and ensures compliance with established financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supervision of other financial support staff as needed.
- This position has the primary role in the organizational financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting and projections.
- Oversees all policies and procedures for the financial and data operations of managed care contracts
- Manages contracts, negotiates, and set rates, and reviews reimbursement levels and managed care agreements to ensure that proper payment practices are utilized
- Ability to oversee all aspects of a Finance/Accounting department
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement process improvements through knowledge of accounting practices and the ability to produce necessary reports.
- Ability to implement processes that encourages and inform the CEO and COO how to increase levels of reimbursement
- Experienced in developing budgets/polices/procedures/to support the organization functional infrastructure
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, financial practices within a not-for-profit Primary Care Association setting including federal, state, and foundation grant reporting.
- Accustomed to paying various taxes including state, federal, unemployment, etc
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to orchestrate multiple, on-going and unrelated time critical tasks to accomplish identified goals quickly and accurately – Develop recommendations for solving problems
- Superior analytical, verbal, and written communication skills including presentation skills at leadership meetings as needed
- Strong supervisory and staff development skills
- Expert computer skills and ability to learn newly developing computer systems are critical
- Ability to extract data to conduct analysis and forecast trends is essential
- Department with experience in financial reporting, financial trend analysis, preferably in a not-for-profit Primary Care Association setting. Must be current with GAAP regulations and compliance issues.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical, problem solving and management skills
- MIP/Abila Accounting System preferred
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or a related field required, with an MBA degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years of relevant financial modeling, analysis, and reporting. Prior Managed Care experience as analysis support specifically in the healthcare industry.
- A minimum of five years prior service as a supervisor or controller in an Accounting/Finance
- Overseeing and directing the operations and staff of the accounting office
- Perform revenue analysis for potential new business
- Perform analysis of existing business lines/activities to support the organization in evaluating the mission impact and profitability of existing business lines/activities
- Assist with financial modeling as needed
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reporting and analysis for Managed Care
- Conduct monthly variance analyses
- Supervising the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, grants accounting, project accounting (CIP) and financial services operations and staff
- Ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures, recommending changes in policies and procedures as necessary
- Reconciling general ledger to expenditure ledger, reconciling due to/from accounts, responsible for bank reconciliations, closes all funds monthly
- Coordinating cross-training of staff, ensuring established schedules are met as needed
- Reviewing reimbursement requests under grant programs
- Oversight and management of the distributions of managed care funds to the members of CMHN CIN- IPA
- Coordinating banking activities
- Coordinating financial data input and report generation
- Overseeing compliance and implementation of GAAP; maintenance & updates to chart of accounts and preparation of standard journal entries for monthly and yearly closings, ensuring a clearly identified audit trail.
- Maintaining a continuous internal auditing program for all funds and developing/maintaining a system of internal controls
- Preparing revenues, expenditures and cash flow projections as requested
- Assisting auditors in analysis work complete through consolidation of financial statements
- Manage all financial aspect of the Association’s grants and contracts
- Prepare, review, distribute and presents and interprets financial information to senior management and/or Board of Directors
- Assisting other employees and departments with fiscal matters
- Maintaining a willingness to learn and offering recommendations to improve the job functions and financial processes
- Assist the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team in developing revenue generation and business development strategies.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Carrying equipment/boxes and training materials up 20-pound boxes or less.
- Constant sitting, standing, walking.
- Ability to travel out-of-town, by air, and overnight.
- Evenings and weekend work.
NCCHCA is a busy, team-oriented, non-profit organization with expected event-related travel to various locations including in and out-of-state.