OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • All Counties
June 01, 2021
April 26, 2021
JOB TITLE: Director of Healthcare Quality (MD Required)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: Negotiable
The Director of Healthcare Quality will direct programmatic initiatives and projects as well as other clinical and administrative functions related to OIC FMC’s healthcare infrastructure, while developing and maintaining a robust and collaborative relationship with the Medical Director. Position will provide oversight and leadership over Quality Improvement, Care Management, and Clinical Informatics. This position will lead all efforts related to Medicaid Transformation as well as be responsible for a limited amount of direct patient care. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide oversight and direction to the Quality Improvement Department to ensure the proper monitoring and evaluation of patient care, accurate data collection, analysis, and reporting, and compliance with applicable standards, laws, and requirements.
• Provider oversight and direction to the Care Coordination Department which includes Chronic Care Management and referrals.
• Lead all efforts related to Medicaid Transformation and serve as liaison for all Medicaid Transformation partners.
• Provide oversight and direction to the Information Technology Department in matters related to OIC FMC such as the Electronic Health Record.
• Report on program activities and progress to Executive Team and Board of Directors as requested.
• Conduct and/or provide guidance to direct reports in the overall management of their staff.
• Complete performance evaluations and assessments for direct reports and assist them with the evaluation of their staff where needed.
• Participate in grant application process and monitor budgets associated with programs to ensure sound financial management and an optimum efficiency of operations.
• Provide representation for OIC at the community, state, and national level at meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.
• Provide direct patient care a maximum of one day a week, filling in for other provider outages as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited medical school with a Doctorate of Medicine (MD/DO) with experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN and Pediatrics; Minimum of five years of experience in management/director role within hospital or other healthcare setting.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Must possess considerable initiative and judgment in formulating policies, planning, analyzing health care activities, and selecting personnel.
• Ability to analyze operations to revise them for more efficiency.
• Positive management style and experience in governmental grants management.
• Ability to work effectively with other medical staff, patients, and subordinates. Ability to lead others with respect.
• Ability to meet and communicate effectively with Federal, State, and local officials.
PREFERRED: Bilingual/Spanish Speaking; Supplemental education/degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Health, or related field of study desirable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.