Robeson Health Care Corporation
Pembroke, North Carolina • Robeson County
May 31, 2021
May 18, 2021
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Practice Operations will be responsible for the overall patient services provided in the clinical setting. This position will require excellent interpersonal/communication skills, writing skills, strong supervisory skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of providers, managers and line staff. The Director of Practice Operations must have a varied background with knowledge in practice management, customer service, staff supervision and project management.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure quality patient care per JCAHO, Bureau of Primary Health Care, and RHCC standards.
2. Coordinate patient flow for medical providers at the centers, ensuring proper staff utilization with front office services.
3. Assist RHCC in maintaining daily productivity goal as established and directed by leadership.
4. Serve on the Corporate Performance Improvement Committee, HIPAA Committee, and Marketing Committee or other committees/task forces as assigned.
5. Responsible for touring all medical centers at least monthly to assess operations and develop action plans for identified areas of deficiency.
6. Work in conjunction with the Practice Managers to update the Front Office/Call Center Procedure Manual on an annual basis.
7. Responsible for the approval of time and leave for the Practice Managers/Call Center Manager and documentation to support employee pay records.
8. Conduct quarterly compliance audits at the centers regarding front office/call center procedure compliance and performance. Audit results are to be reported to COO and to the CPIC committee on a quarterly basis. Collaborate effectively with the Billing Department in specific areas affecting front office and billing services.
9. Monitor and audit front office customer service/call agent customer service and work collaboratively with the Chief HR Officer on customer service action plans.
10. Responsible for handling all legal medical record requests (may include assistance from the DPI/Corporate Compliance Officer).
11. In conjunction with HR Manager, participate in all new employee orientation to review RHCC history, health center operations, etc.
12. Field and resolve patient complaints as possible prior to referring them to the Director of Performance Improvement/Corporate Compliance (DPI/CCO) for further appropriate action.
13. Collect and monitor all patient satisfaction surveys monthly. Collaborate with DPI/CCO to develop quarterly reports for CPIC review and maintain permanent records of these activities.
14. Facilitate monthly Practice Management meeting to problem solve, identify areas for improvement, efficiency, and participate in corrective performance improvement plans to enhance the delivery of patient services.
15. Report on established metrics to the COO on approved timeline and to the Executive Management Team as requested.
16. Participate in the corporate Nursing Group and Medical Group meetings as requested.
17. Coordinate Practice Manager training and development in conjunction with the Chief HR Officer.
18. Responsible for orientation, scheduling, performance evaluations, and direct supervision of Practice Managers.
19. Will be involved in the interviewing process of all Front Office/Call Center staff.
20. Will collaborate effectively and promptly with the Human Resources department regarding staff issues, concerns, and requests.
21. Maintain provider leave calendar, coordinate with the PM’s and CMO for approval and coverage for the providers leave.
22. Maintain the confidentiality of Robeson Health Care Corporation and the patients/clients that the corporation serves.
23. Perform other necessary duties as required by the Robeson Health Care Corporation to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
24. Responsible for Front Office/Template Building Epic training for all RHCC employees.
25. Coordinates IT requests tickets for Epic with SeH IT team.
26. Work in conjunction with Call Center Manager to identify areas of improvement, develop call agent goals, and report metrics to COO.
The Director of Practice Operations reports to, is supervised by, and is evaluated by the Chief Operating Officer.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare management. Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Ability to relate with warmth and effectiveness to the patients, clinical staff, and medical care providers of RHCC and related referral agencies.
3. Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
4. Epic EMR experience is highly preferred.