Gastonia, North Carolina • All Counties
February 01, 2022
January 25, 2022
Summary of Position
Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at Kintegra Health; provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and indirect supervision of medical support staff. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer.
Education: Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree required.
Licensure: Current or eligible to obtain the State of North Carolina MD or DO licensure required. Current DEA certificate required. Board Certification in Specialty preferred.
Previous medical office or FQHC experience preferred.
Knowledgeable in population health management in the underserved and/or vulnerable populations
Able to communicate and relate well with patients, providers and clinical staff.
Efficient, organized and accurate.
1. Engages in a patient-centered approach to providing care for patients and their families
2. Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic.
3. Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
4. Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient, providing patient education as needed.
5. Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals as needed to patients
6. Reviews ancillary test results in a timely manner and coordinates notification and follow-up to the patients.
7. Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
8. Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
9. Completion of all appropriate paperwork in a timely manner, including documentation to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
10. Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and where needed Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and where needed.
11. Actively participates in the QI process by reviewing peer and mid-level charts when appropriate and gives feedback to peer to support a culture of peer education and continual learning
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Medical Director