The North Carolina Community Health Center Association is a membership association of community health centers (federally qualified health centers and federally qualified health center look-alikes). NCCHCA’s mission is to promote and support patient-governed community health care organizations and the populations they serve. The North Carolina Community Health Association Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) provides shared services and strategic sourcing solutions for North Carolina’s health centers. The GPO leverages community health center purchasing power to generate maximum savings for members. The Group Purchasing and Vendor Services Coordinator (GPVSC) coordinates all functions of the GPO, with the goal of improving quality, maximizing reach, and delivering excellent customer service to members health centers and vendors. In addition, the GPSV supports fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of NCCHCA’s annual conferences, with a focus on sponsor and exhibitor growth.
- Coordinate all aspects of Group Purchasing Organization including vendor communication, meeting coordination and facilitation, and record keeping
- Provide vendor market analyses, consultation services, and contracting support to GPO and NCCHCA as well as ongoing operational outreach to GPO participants
- Act as a liaison between the member base, NCCHCA and GPO vendors ensuring a coordinated effort in improving financial and quality performance
- Educate members regarding policies and procedures related to GPO compliance, GPO vendor member updates and opportunities, and operational requirements
- Engage members on GPO/ internal operations initiatives
- Support Contracting duties as requested
- Develop, adapt, and implement GPO strategy plan
- Identify unmet service needs from member health centers and help identify vendors to fill needs
- Secure and coordinate sponsors and exhibitors for NCCHCA signature conferences
- Provide support to implementation of Salesforce, Relias, and other related platforms
Minimum Qualifications (Degrees/Certificates)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Health Administration, or related field required.
- Experience in project management, group purchasing, health care operations, or medical management
- Experience in FQHC industry preferred
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and contractors at all levels
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products as well as communication productivity tools and operational analysis software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Persuasive and strong business acumen.
- Adept at negotiating sound business deals.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately and professionally to staff and members of the public, in person and on the phone.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, juggle many priorities, and handle stress in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to keep and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel out-of-town, by air, and overnight.
- Ability to operate and foster a participatory, open, and flexible work environment.
- Demonstrated awareness of, and value for, cultural competence in task implementation.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Consistently working at desk in front of computer monitor, significant typing and data entry, majority of the day is spent indoors and sitting.
- Typical office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.