Gastonia, North Carolina • All Counties
June 30, 2022
April 29, 2022
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Quality and Population Health, the Healthcare Quality Manager conducts oversight and management of state and regulatory and contractual compliance for the QI program. This includes managing the quality programs and initiatives to improve health outcomes related to process improvement measures. They also manage quality improvement initiatives for Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs), Improvement Plans (IPs), Operational Site Visits, and other external quality reviews. The manager applies clinical knowledge and analytical skills to manage and oversee day-to-day operations of the QI team in support of improving performance metrics of organizational goals.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Benefits
• $5000.00 of Tuition Reimbursement
• 403B Retirement, Company contribution of 4% & Company matching up to 4%
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Optional Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Healthcare Quality Manager Performance Requirements
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of healthcare related regulatory programs
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with individuals at various organizational/ educational levels.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated task within assigned timeframes
• Ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints
• Ability to work successfully with indirect supervision and autonomy
• Ability to work some evening hours to support committee meetings
• Able to travel to other GFHS sites (Current and unrestricted NCDL)
Healthcare Quality Manager Qualifications:
Education: Bachelors of Applied Science in Health Care or other related field(s) or equivalent experience; Master’s Preferred
Experience Required: 5 years related work experience preferred
Professional Licensure: RN or related experience
Healthcare Quality Manager Key Responsibilities
1. In coordination with the Director of Quality and Population Health, develops, implements, and maintains a standardized quality management work plan and program description to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
2. Assists in the tracking and monitoring of systems for health care quality improvement activities according to regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and contractual agreements.
3. Provides assistance, guidance, and oversight to clinical staff with regard to study design, methodology, data analysis and reporting.
4. Coordinates guidelines, studies and performance improvement activities in concert with the utilization management, quality management, pharmacy services, case management and disease management programs.
5. Maintains a knowledge base of HEDIS, UDS, PCMH and CMS requirements and participates in planning and implementation of methods to improve performance.
6. Prepares, compiles, reviews and submits monthly and quarterly reports for the Quality/Programs Committee, Compliance Committee meetings, and Department monthly report.
7. Participates in the development of the Team Based Model of Care methodology to support patient centered medical home activities.
8. Develops and analyzes reports to monitor and evaluate quality performance in meeting established goals related to the QI work plan and contractual requirements.
9. Monitors productivity of department staff and establishes productivity minimum expectations for each role. Provides regular feedback and support to staff in meeting performance expectations.
10. Other duties as assigned
Kintegra Health Core Requirements
1. Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
2. Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
3. Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
4. Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
5. Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
Kintegra Health has implemented Covid-19 protocols for our current employees and new hires. We are committed to improving our society. For further information please reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.