OIC Of Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • All Counties
September 06, 2022
High School / GED
August 24, 2022
JOB TITLE: IBH Patient Services Representative
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Behavioral Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until filled
HIRING RANGE: $15.00/hour to $18.00/hour
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
The IBH Patient Services Representative is responsible for inputting complete, correct patient demographic information, updating all patient financial data, verifying and documenting patient benefits on each account, maintaining order of IBH office, assisting Director of Integrated Behavioral Health with administrative tasks and duties. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for demographic, insurance and specific billing information taken directly from patient by registering new patients in the computer system and updating information on established patients for each visit. Includes obtaining required valid identification for all patients question, medifax and insurance verification through computer and by phone.
• Informs patients of income verification process and account status.
• Sets up patient charts with accurate information.
• Monitors patient and maintains visitor traffic during clinic hours and assist patient representative with greeting all patients to expedite check in and check out process.
• Input encounter form charges accurately according to clinic collection policies including input of all applicable diagnosis codes and minimum fee charges when checking out patient.
• Responsible for balancing and preparing the deposit according to end of day reports for A/R while maintaining a cash drawer with adequate change to operate. Includes balancing all deposits to reports on scheduled evenings for all of medical front desk and submitting the deposit to accounting.
• Provides patient support and culturally competent services for at risk Hispanic population at the medical center
• Responsible for disseminating information to clients and visitors regarding services of the IBH and how to utilize these services.
• Ensuring marketing information is available and disseminated in approved locations throughout the primary care site.
• Assist with triage patient as needed
• Obtains patient history and chief complaint/demographic information during patient intakes
• Maintain a patient community resource manual.
• Link, arrange and coordinate referral appointments within and outside of agency as Directed by the Director of Integrated Behavioral Health
• Enters data-related information in electronic health record
• Provide patient education/issue patient educational materials (health & psychosocial)
• Arrange patient appointments for IBH prescribing providers and consultants
• Performs light housekeeping chores
• Enters patient information in medical record; corresponds with medical records department in primary care
• Assist in assuring department and agency goals and objectives are met
• Attends all IBH site/agency meetings and patient service –related meetings within the agency
• Conducts behavioral screenings
• Communicates routinely with local and regional medical entities for care coordination
• Track IBH patient referrals
• Receives telephone calls, answering inquiries, and/or refers questions to appropriate staff members
• Provides reports to IBH Director of Integrated Behavioral Health
• Documents IBH meeting notes
• Assist with maintaining IBH Director schedule
• Performs other related duties as assigned as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Ambulatory health care/early childhood practice experience needed. Patient benefits/services coordinator experience necessary. Basic Accounting Principles and experience needed. Experienced in Federally Qualified Health Care environment a plus.
Proficient in Windows 95, 98, 2000 & XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Works, MS Word, Desktop Publishing, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and MS Publisher. Operate a variety of standard office equipment such as fax machine, calculator, personal computer, and recording devices. Other competencies include alpha-numeric filing and answering multi-line telephones. Three plus years of customer service experience and billing experience along with time management and organizational skills.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associates degree preferred.
NCCHCA’s weekly Focal Point newsletter includes key updates and resources for Community Health Centers. Subscribe now to ensure you don’t miss important announcements.