The Informatics Nurse will facilitate NCCHCA’s Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) objectives in meeting deliverables, as well as cross-cutting activities that support clinical integration efforts of the Carolina Medical Home Network-Independent Practice Association (CMHN IPA). The Informatics Nurse will support health centers’ success in value-based healthcare and payment arrangements by driving operational and clinical excellence through the optimization of health information technology (HIT); building competency and capacity in population health management, care management and coordination, patient engagement and empowering health centers to use healthcare data for decision-making.
- Demonstrates experience with handling electronic medical records
- Demonstrates experience working with systems developed by prominent health IT vendors
- Demonstrates leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrates analytical, project management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated experience with healthcare analytics or statistical concepts (SAS preferred)
Minimum Qualifications (Degrees/Certificates)
- Licensed registered nurse (RN) with at least 5 years’ experience
- 3 years health care environment experience in use of data collection and analyses processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using health information technology especially EHR for improving clinical outcomes.
- Analyzing EHR data to identify areas where care can be improved and/or costs better managed.
- Experience with population health management and value-based contract performance measures
- Promote the translation of data into information and knowledge to maximize quality improvement, health center management and financial viability.
- Use data to identify target populations and populations at risk, monitor the effectiveness of quality improvement interventions, and develop predictive models of outcomes.
- Integrate data from multiple sources including claims data, EHR data, and medical record abstractions.
- Assist in the development informatics and quality improvement research concepts and plans.
- Experience in quality improvement, developing and implementing QI programs
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and able to analyze needs and program requirements to create an operational design solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey information effectively in multiple modalities and methods
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications particularly Word and Excel
- Experience with FQHCs, preferably employment in an FQHC or FQHC-LA a plus
- Must have access to an automobile, valid driver’s license, with appropriate liability insurance
- Ability to travel out-of-town, by air, and overnight
- Ability to function independently and make decisions while maintaining effective communication with supervisor
- Maintains effective professional relationships with health center staff, stakeholders, partners and NCCHCA staff
- Uses clinical skills and knowledge to provide consultation, support, and ongoing education to health centers
- Uses skills and knowledge to assist health centers to use of EHR for data entry and reporting
- Uses teaching, learning, and coaching skills to develop health center capacity for HIT use, QI and population health management and readiness to move into value-based care models
- Participates in professional organizations and maintains a professional network among colleagues
- Advances clinical expertise through attendance at conferences, reading journals, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment or AV
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work and distant vision requirements
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time or drive long distances