OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Edgecombe County
July 11, 2022
July 11, 2022
JOB TITLE: Medical Billing Supervisor
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 08/11/2022
HIRING RANGE: $45,000 annually – $55,000/annually
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
Oversee Billing Department and the preparation and billing of all third-party claims to appropriate payers timely and accurately within reimbursement guidelines. Supervise billing staff, plan their schedules, and monitor output to ensure accuracy in coding, write-offs, billing charges and the satisfaction of HIPPA, state and federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid and private insurers’ guidelines and requirements. Assure all payments are received in a timely manner and all receivable data for general ledger reporting purposes is documented. Update procedures based on frequently changing reimbursement guidelines and cross train staff in all duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
• Maintain updated written billing procedures.
• Ensure that written front desk and coding procedures are followed and updated to ensure adherence to HIPPA, Medicare, Medicaid, FQHC, HRSA, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
• Ensure that all claims, write-offs, and denials are recorded and processed in time for the month-end close.
• Ensure that a system exist to a) track claims billed versus paid b) follow-up on, investigate and resubmit denied claims.
• Evaluate and cross-train all billers. Ensure billers stay current on regulation, coding and procedures governing billing from Medicaid, Medicare, private insurers, state, and federal agencies.
• Assist with collection reconciliation and invoicing to ensure money received represents what patients should pay or should have paid. Ensure that the FMC LOG receipts and the EMR system balance.
• Provide Accounting with all third-party billing information.
• Work with Medical Assistants to ensure providers’ notes and procedure codes match and are in line with all payee requirements and Company Policy & Procedures.
• Store and maintain all billing records for audit purposes.
• Provide assistance to clinic staff, grantors, vendors, and auditors upon request.
• Ensure that the sliding fee is administered in accordance with HRSA guidelines.
• Ensure that payments to all third parties are accurate and timely.
• Other duties as assigned by the Billing Manager and CFO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferably in Health Administration or Accounting, with 3+ years of verifiable medical billing and coding experience; Medical Billing/Coding Certification thru AAPC/AHIMA is required; 3+ years supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure and billing manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspond using proper English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to analyze and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, sliding fees, estimates for bad debt allowances and amounts to be collected.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in a changing environment. Must have the ability to interpret legal documents and requirements issued by Medicaid, Medicare, HRSA, FQHC, state and federal agencies.
COMPETENCY/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: Competency required in the areas of verbal and written communications, providing leadership and direction, organization, teamwork, being a self-starter, timeliness, and accuracy, and proficient at Microsoft Office and billing systems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have good organizational skills and the ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced office environment. Good analytical and accounting skills be detail oriented and have a sense of personal responsibility for your work performance and a professional attitude. The ability to work without constant supervision and strict adherence to policies and procedures is a must.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
NCCHCA’s weekly Focal Point newsletter includes key updates and resources for Community Health Centers. Subscribe now to ensure you don’t miss important announcements.