Western North Carolina Community Health Services
Asheville, North Carolina • All Counties
August 08, 2022
July 19, 2022
Medical Social Worker/Medical Care Coordinator
Are you passionate about helping the underserved?
Western NC Community Health Services (WNCCHS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). We are looking for a full-time Medical Social Worker/Medical Care Coordinator to coordinate the collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination evaluation and advocacy for options and services to meet the patient’s needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES- Includes but not limited to the following:
• Design health plans for patients/caregivers
• Connect patient with appropriate resources and support groups
• Monitor the health, psychosocial and functional status of patient
• Ensure patient and caregiver understand the health plan
• Offer emotional support
• Identify any financial or psychosocial barriers that would prevent adherence
to the health plan
• Bachelors’ degree in human services, social work or psychology, Master’s
• Previous experience in care/case management
• Expert knowledge of medical office operations
• Familiarity with role of FQHCs in the community
• A competitive salary
• Excellent benefits package including:
o Ten (10) Paid Holidays
o Accrued PTO (total of 156 hrs 1st year)
o Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
o Company Paid Life Insurance
• No weekends, or holiday work required
Candidates may apply by emailing a resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 338, Asheville, NC 28802
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; racial/ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply
Help is available to discuss your options. Click the button below to request free, unbiased help.
Hay ayuda disponible para analizar sus opciones. Haga clic en el botón para solicitar ayuda gratuita e imparcial.