Western North Carolina Community Health Services
Asheville, North Carolina • All Counties
August 08, 2022
July 19, 2022
Medical Social Worker/Medical Care Coordinator
Are you passionate about helping the underserved?
Western NC Community Health Services (WNCCHS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). We are looking for a full-time Medical Social Worker/Medical Care Coordinator to coordinate the collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination evaluation and advocacy for options and services to meet the patient’s needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES- Includes but not limited to the following:
• Design health plans for patients/caregivers
• Connect patient with appropriate resources and support groups
• Monitor the health, psychosocial and functional status of patient
• Ensure patient and caregiver understand the health plan
• Offer emotional support
• Identify any financial or psychosocial barriers that would prevent adherence
to the health plan
• Bachelors’ degree in human services, social work or psychology, Master’s
• Previous experience in care/case management
• Expert knowledge of medical office operations
• Familiarity with role of FQHCs in the community
• A competitive salary
• Excellent benefits package including:
o Ten (10) Paid Holidays
o Accrued PTO (total of 156 hrs 1st year)
o Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
o Company Paid Life Insurance
• No weekends, or holiday work required
Candidates may apply by emailing a resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 338, Asheville, NC 28802
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; racial/ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!