OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Nash County
October 03, 2022
September 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner (Family Medicine)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: To Be Discussed – Competitive and Compensatory with Experience
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
OIC Family Medical Center is a FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center) and the medical home of approximately 11,000 patients. As an FQHC, OIC meets the health needs of the community by providing comprehensive, quality, and affordable healthcare to all residents, including those who are uninsured and underserved. The services we provide include primary care, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, urgent care, and outreach. The opportunity to develop an on-going relationship with our providers and medical team within this integrated model of care enables patients to take a holistic approach to their personal health.
We are urgently recruiting for mid-level providers who will be committed to providing compassionate, high-quality, community-based healthcare and building long-term relationships with their patients and team members. In return, OIC commits to providing a work environment in which all team members can contribute to their highest abilities, grow to their greatest potential, and thrive both professionally and personally.
At OIC, we not only have a salary structure that is fair and competitive, but we also provide opportunities to be rewarded for top-notch performance and productivity. Additionally, we have a benefit package that is comprehensive to meet the diverse needs of our OIC Family. Among the benefits, opportunities, and perks available with employment at OIC Family Medical Center are:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
• Supplemental Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Perks at Work Discount Program
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Competitive Pay
• Production Bonus Opportunity
• Quality Bonus Opportunity
• HRSA National Health Service Corps – Student Loan Repayment
• Relocation Reimbursement (Up to $5,000)
• FTCA Malpractice Coverage
• Annual CME Reimbursement (Up to $2,000)
• 120 Hours of PTO after 90 days of employment (PTO accrues bi-monthly)
• And more!
Responsible for health care coordination for patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
• Functions independently to perform appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific needs.
• Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
• Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
• Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
• Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program; Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure; Licensed to practice by the NC Board of Medical Examiners. Ongoing documented continuing education required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Help is available to discuss your options. Click the button below to request free, unbiased help.
Hay ayuda disponible para analizar sus opciones. Haga clic en el botón para solicitar ayuda gratuita e imparcial.