Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers
Concord, North Carolina • Cabarrus County
August 05, 2019
July 23, 2019
Summary of Position
The Outreach & Communication Coordinator will develop and implement a full scope communication and marketing strategy, which encompasses internal and external communications, brand identity, cause-related marketing, public awareness, and fund raising. In addition to participating in outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance through community engagement and enrollment and application follow-up assistance. This role also builds and strengthens enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders. Must be able to travel with personal car.
• Experience: 2 years of related work preferred
• Additional skills required: Knowledge of basic marketing campaigns, software design and social medial branding, health insurance programs and public coverage options. Strong computer skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the general public in outreach situations.
• Additional skills preferred: English, Spanish a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, communications or related program. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Certification(s)/Licensure: Certified Application Counselor required
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
• Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
• Reach with hands and arms.
• Talk and hear.
• Current driver’s license and access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel when necessary
1. Actively seek opportunities to communicate the worth and mission of MHC through public addresses, newsletters, news releases, and social functions. While represent the company professionally and positively to enhance and promote the core values and mission of the organization.
2. Incorporate critical aspects of the long-term vision and program development into the seasonal mailings along with statistical information concerning agency successes.
3. Develop an annual marketing plan that adheres to budget constraints and maximizes the strengths of the development department.
4. Host periodic agency showcase orientations for selected community service clubs, foundation managers, business and political leaders and potential major donors to cultivate future support.
5. Assist Grants Manager in organizing special events as indicated.
6. Provide enrollment assistance (including but not limited to completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
7. Ensure culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
8. Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
9. Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
10. Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission and services of the organization.
11. Collaborate with various local organizations to build awareness of coverage options, spur enrollment, and build referral linkages.
12. Refer patients to community resources as appropriate.
13. Attend and successfully complete all required training programs and participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities to maintain knowledge and expertise.
14. Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
15. Recruit and utilize volunteers to increase program capacity.
16. Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
17. Participate in quality improvement activities by initiating or contributing to monitoring, measuring, analyzing, improving and/or controlling program goals, objectives and/or services.
18. Support current incentive, regulatory, and certification requirements (such as Meaningful Use, PCMH and UDS) through documentation, participation in initiatives, and other activities as directed.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
CRCHC Core Requirements
1. Patient Centered Customer Service – Whether directly or indirectly, we work to support the delivery of an excellent patient experience to everyone served by the organization.
2. Caring and Compassion – We provide empathic comfort to those in distress and share kindness in all interpersonal interactions.
3. Respectful Communication – We communicate openly, honestly and without judgment while honoring each individual’s uniqueness and assuming the best of those with whom we interact.
4. Teamwork – We are members of a diverse interdisciplinary team working together to meet a common goal.
5. Accountability – We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance and actions.
6. Customer Safety – We recognize and correct potential hazards to protect ourselves and our customers.
CRCHC provides comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to our patients regardless of ability to pay. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide health care to all members of our community, including low income, indigent, and uninsured patients who may not otherwise be able to afford health care via traditional sources. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.