Bertie County Rural Health Association
Windsor, North Carolina • Bertie County
July 27, 2021
June 24, 2021
POSITION TITLE: 340B Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The 340B Program Coordinator is responsible for the day to day management and coordination of the pharmacy 340B program. This position ensures program compliance and supports the specialty functions of the BCRHA Pharmacies and contract pharmacies. The 340B Program Coordinator will model behaviors consistent with the published values and the Code of Conduct of BCRHA.
POPULATION SERVED: Bertie County Rural Health Association will provide open access, community-oriented primary care of the highest quality to all residents of Bertie and surrounding counties, regardless of their ability to pay.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree or Certified Pharmacy Technician is desired
• Must possess 340B Apexus certified expert designation or obtain within six months of hire
• Experience with analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends or expectations to drive improvement of results and find solutions
• Must understand pharmacy purchasing and procurement of drugs and 340B regulatory requirements
• Works effectively with others and is able to organize workload, as well as assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to work independently, exercise appropriate decision making skills, and function effectively on a team.
• Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and effectively
• Develops, executes and documents self-audits of the 340B process within the in-house pharmacies and contract pharmacies; coordinates and ensures remediation of findings
• Provides oversight for all audits performed by independent external auditors
• Maintains a current state of audit readiness
• Ensures the HRSA 340B database and recertification are completed and accurate
• Acts as Office of Pharmacy Affairs point of contact for 340B compliance
• Develops training and competency materials for all staff assisting /working with the 340B program
• Assists in the development, implementation or promotion of program resources/tools to support staff
• Collaborates with pharmacy staff and other departments such as Finance, Billing, Compliance, Clinical and IT to ensure effectiveness of the program
• Assess opportunities for cost savings and business improvements in 340B contract pharmacy utilization
• Tracks and reports program savings on a monthly basis or as needed
• Constructs appropriate financial metrics to assess areas of improvement
• Evaluates all current and future contract pharmacy opportunities, including contract language, fee structure and data setup
• Analyzes utilization of the program to identify ways to compliantly use the 340B program to its fullest extent to meet the needs of underserved patients
• Manages purchasing, receiving and inventory control processes
• Monitors purchasing records for each 340B participant; documents utilization, savings, problem areas and exceptions or discrepancies
• Ensures proper procurement of medications and utilization of medications, supplies and other 340B associated assets
• Manages and coordinates contracts for the third party administrator and contracted pharmacies
• Develops knowledge and maintains awareness of current regulations, trends and issues pertaining to the 340B program
• Develops and implements policies and procedures according to organizational, regional, national, state and federal requirements and guidelines.
• Develops action plans to close identified gaps in collaboration with leadership
• Participate in quality improvement and clinical care programs
• Participate as an active member of the BCRHA team
• Maintain compliance with workflows, policies and procedures as well as other activities to support PCMH model of care and accreditation
Other job duties may be required that are not listed above.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.