The NC Community Health Center Association (NCCHCA) seeks an individual who is highly motivated and a quick learner to serve as the Practice Data Coordinator managing provider data and supporting operations for Carolina Medical Home Network and the NC Community Health Center Association. The Practice Data Coordinator ensures timely, accurate, and effective communication of provider and services data among North Carolina Community Health Center staff, participating healthcare practices, and health insurance companies. The successful candidate will support CMHN operations team with developing data policies, internal processes, and external resources. The Practice Data Coordinator will be an effective project manager and engage with all NCCHCA teams to ensure they have accurate provider and practice information.
NCCHCA is the sponsor and managing partner of the Carolina Medical Home Network, LLC (CMHN) which is a clinically integrated network of North Carolina primary care practices focused on performance improvement across Medicaid and commercial health plan contracts and with a vision for supporting all patients, including those without insurance coverage. NCCHCA holds cooperative agreements with the federal Health Resources and Services Agency (HRSA) to serve as the state Primary Care Association (PCA) and Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN). In these roles, NCCHCA provides technical assistance, training, and health IT support to North Carolina’s federally qualified health centers and look alike entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of relevant experience required, or
- Associate Degree plus 4 years non-profit or community health center administrative experience may substitute for BA degree requirement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience and/or familiarity with Community Health Centers and or safety-net primary care providers a plus
- Familiarity with commercial and other third party contracting preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time with occasional overnight travel
- Primarily responsible for all data entry and maintenance related to NCCHCA’s data management systems.
- Daily use of spreadsheets to identify missing information and aggregate data.
- Assists NCCHCA staff with the establishment and implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices associated with health center roster and information management services and enrollment activities.
- Corresponds regularly with health center staff for timely data collection to meet credentialing and enrollment related deadlines.
- Maintains the collection and submission of all provider- and services-related data, as relevant to Carolina Medical Home Network’s participating providers and organizations, and as requested by NCCHCA funders, member health centers, and other third parties.
- Primarily responsible for the tracking and maintaining contractual documents received from CMHN practices
- Maintains a detailed crosswalk of all key performance indicators relevant to CMHN initiatives
- Assists the Director of CMHN Operations with special projects and support within other areas of CMHN and more broadly across NCCHCA initiatives.
- Supports Director of Population Health and Data and Analytics team with data entry, producing reports, and distributing information to participating practices.
- Assists the NCCHCA finance team with reconciling practice information provided directly to NCCHCA with Health Plan, State and Federal sources of provider and service information.
- Makes updates to Salesforce system and reviews accuracy of the data.
- Communicates information from data systems to internal and external audiences.
- Supports the development of project management tools for a broad range of NCCHA initiatives.
- Participates in NCCCHCA strategic discussions on the implementation and expansion of member information management services.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with health center staff, stakeholders, partners and NCCHCA staff.
- Consistently working at desk in front of computer monitor, significant typing and data entry, majority of the day is spent indoors and sitting.
- Work Environment
- This job will begin as a hybrid position with the individual working in NCCHCA’s Raleigh offices up to 3 days per week, and from home two days per week. Modifications to this approach may be considered, and NCCHCA maintains the option to make this an onsite-only position if office priorities change and/or performance is not meeting expectations.
- Typical office environment and infrequent travel to various locations throughout the state including primary care practice sites, conference locations, and other training events. Travel will not exceed 20% of time