Charlotte Community Health Clinic
Charlotte, North Carolina • Mecklenburg County
December 14, 2021
High School / GED
December 08, 2021
Job Description: Medical Assistant (e.g., CMA, RMA, MA)
The Charlotte Community Health Clinic (CCHC) is a non-profit agency whose vision is to provide a healthy community where all individuals regardless of ability to pay will have access to comprehensive coordinated quality healthcare. The clinic provides quality, accessible primary care, behavior health and dental services to pediatric and adult patients coming from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, including patients experiencing homelessness. CCHC works in partnership with other community-based organizations to meet the needs of the medically underserved.
The medical assistant will assist providers in examination and treatment of patients in an outpatient clinical facility. Prepare treatment rooms, position instruments and equipment, as needed per chief complaint. Operate medical equipment, give injections and/or treatments, provide basic patient education and conduct patient calls under the direction of the provider.
• Perform and document necessary preliminary exam needs on patient to include: height, weight, blood pressure, and temperature. Ensure patient chart is complete. Interview patient to identify current medical needs and relevant patient history. Assist with examinations, treatments, special tests and procedures. Administer and reconcile medication as directed by the physician.
• Performs venipuncture, skin puncture, and lab procedures with attention to accuracy by checking patient ID and DOB. The employee understands and follows HIPAA guidelines and ensures the confidentiality of patient results. Reporting results: Ensures all test results, in-house and referred, are reported to the provider by checking a manifest or providing oversight of pending labs. Ensures all routine, daily, monthly, and annual maintenance and QC are performed, documented and kept for the appropriate number of years.
• Administer immunization injections. Review immunization record and potential allergic reactions. Identify and review side effects and treatment.
• Code, lab requests and procedures for billing. Verify and update patient data. Knowledge growth and development of individuals, and life stages. Collect data from patient/family inquiries and report to provider. Make patient referrals. Complete physician orders. Collection of data for general patient assessment. Works within the team to identify areas of improvement and actively participates in the improvement process.
• Reinforce patient education under the direction of the physician. Identify risk factors and chronic health problems. Report individual data to patient. Teach patient/family self-care management.
• Work within a team to achieve patient and team goals. Share and initiate regular and professional communication with co-workers. Facilitate and/or participate in regular staff meetings.
• All other duties assigned as licensure allows.
• Works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Supervisor
• High School graduate or GED
• Current certification as CMA or RMA preferred but not required
• Previous work in a medical setting preferred
• Proficiency in communication technologies (email, cell phone, etc.)
• Highly organized with ability to keep accurate notes and records
• Experience with health IT systems and reports is desirable
• Bilingual preferred but not required
• BLS/CPR (or earned within 90 days of hire)
• Ability to travel to other clinical sites when needed
Special Skill Requirements:
• Core values consistent with a patient- and family-centered approach to care
• Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective, and tactful communication skills, including written, verbal and nonverbal
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and respectful, professional customer service
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
• Proactively acts as patient advocate, responding with empathy and respect to resolve patient and family concerns, and recognizes opportunities for improvement to meeting patient concerns
• Proactively continues to educate self on providing quality care and improving professional skills
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!