Kinston Community Health Center
Kinston, North Carolina • Lenoir County
March 02, 2020
January 21, 2020
Kinston Community Health Center level Patient Center Medical Home; mid-size primary care, multi-specialty, Federally Qualified Community Health Center that is currently seeking a full-time Family Medicine physician to provide quality health care in an outpatient-only setting.
We are dedicated to providing affordable and accessible healthcare to Lenoir and surrounding counties through Family Medicine, Dental, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Outreach and Laboratory services. We offer patient support programs such as:
Community Outreach, Prescription Assistance, 340b Prescription, Diabetes Health Education, RN Case Manager/Community Care and Transportation.
Successful candidates will demonstrate KCHC Core Competencies, which include:
Accountability & Self-Management
Problem-Solving & Analysis
• Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Satisfactory professional references.
• Completion of an approved residency program in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice or Obstetrics
• Board certified or Board eligible
• Must have an active license to practice in the State of North Carolina
• Experience: A minimum of 5 years medical experience; ability to work with and provide healthcare to individuals of varied economic and social backgrounds.
• Complete health risk assessments as a foundation for developing individualized care plans and outcomes goals for patients and their families.
• Staff physician shall follow the correct OSHA and HIPAA guidelines and take measures to ensure that these guidelines are followed in the clinical work areas.
• Provides in–patient care to the Center’s patients and hospitalizes patients as required.
• Research, find, and link patients to resources, services, and support mechanisms for their care plans and self-care management needs.
• Provides after hour call coverage as scheduled.
• Meets productivity and billing goals set by the organization.
• Document each patient’s individualized care plan and care coordination in the Practice’s database.
• Conduct and document assessments of patient needs and resources for effective self-care management.
• Provide timely communication with patients, make inquiries, execute follow-up actions, and help to integrate information into the care plan.
• Makes appropriate referrals to those that require specialist services and conducts proper follow up to assure that continuity of care is provided.
• Actively participates in the development and implementation of a Quality Assurance plan or Performance Improvement for the Center.
• Attends all medical staff meetings.
• Engage patients, patients’ families, and their caregivers in understanding, setting, and monitoring patient self-management care plans in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the patient and caregiver.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the utilization of the EHR and provide timely completion and maintenance of patient charts as per Center policy.
• Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary teams with activities to include participating in daily huddles.
• Apply the principles of comprehensive, community based, patient-centered, developmentally appropriate, and culturally and linguistically appropriate care coordination.
• Demonstrate personal responsibility and respect for patients, patients’ families, and co-workers in professional appearance.
• Participate in continuing professional growth through attendance at workshops and professional in-services and through individual research and reading, to include communication skills.
• Performs other necessary duties as required by the health center to meet the goals and objectives of the Center.
• Completes all other duties as assigned to include Practice and perform administrative functions.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.