Charlotte Community Health Clinic
Charlotte, North Carolina • Mecklenburg County
December 14, 2021
High School / GED
December 08, 2021
Job Description: Dental Hygienist
The Charlotte Community Health Clinic (CCHC) is a non-profit agency whose vision is to provide a healthy community where all individuals regardless of ability to pay will have access to comprehensive coordinated quality healthcare. The clinic provides quality, accessible primary care, behavior health and dental services to pediatric and adult patients coming from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, including patients experiencing homelessness. CCHC works in partnership with other community-based organizations to meet the needs of the medically underserved.
Dental hygienists can handle regular cleanings and do thorough exams on new and existing patients to help the dentist decide on how to treat those patients. The job duties of a dental hygienist include taking x-rays, educating patients on how to care for their teeth at home, and doing regular screenings.
• Review oral Health History and conduct initial mouth screening
• Perform Oral Cancer screenings
• Willingness to learn new State of the Art technology; Utilizing Itero, Digital X-Rays, Cone Beam Imaging, paperless office.
• Exposes, develops & mounts dental radiographs
• Perio Charting on each new patient and yearly visits
• Follow the ADHA perio guidelines, executes root planning and myofunctional evaluations.
• Administers Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen to patients as applicable
• Takes impressions for diagnostic and opposing models
• Educates patients on importance of preventative care and home care.
• Skilled in the use of the Cavitron.
• Responsible for detailed and organized patient chart maintenance
• Prepares treatment rooms including, but not limited to, set-up, decontamination, sterilizing and sharpening instruments and restocking supplies.
• Review medical history
• Review previous visit if applicable
• Place proper procedures recommended and due into the appointment.
• Partner with CDHC in reference to all paperwork and consents needed to treat.
• Screening and treatment of patients
• Screen all patients for Covid 19
• Take temperature of all patients
• Confirm Medical history
• Take appropriate x-rays ( be familiar with the Nomad and sensors with Dexis)
• Take intra oral photos on all patients-at least 3
• Sealant placement when applicable
• Prophylaxis and any hand scaling/caviton needed
• Fluoride placement
• Place SDF when applicable
• Motivational Interviewing
• Caries Risk Assessment
• Educate in goal setting for oral health (include parent when applicable)
• Charting of each patient
• Use all codes applicable including codes for unerupted and carious lesions
• Make dietary recommendations
• Make Fluoride rinse and toothpaste recommendations
• Prepare chair and unit in operatory or clinical space and all needed supplies so that there is no interruption in treatment time.
• All trays to be set up for the day and ready to go
• Set up and removal of all barriers and adhering to the strict infection control guidelines outlined in our infection control manual.
• Complete and sign patient’s treatment plan
• Partner with CDHC to fulfil next steps of recourses and communication to parents and caregiver. Forms should include all recommendations and treatment needs.
• Dispense oral hygiene aids including an age appropriate toothbrush, toothpaste and floss if available.
• Sterilization of instruments and placement into tubs to transport as appropriate
3. Infection Control
• Adhere to all strict infection control guidelines set forth by CCHC/OHSA/ADA and Spice-refer to manual.
• Keep all logs up to date
• Send Thank you letters/notes to all school/volunteers as needed for their assistance.
• Stay in communication with school nurse/advocate and social workers.
• Comply with all HIPPA regulations
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
• Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school
• Current Dental Hygiene license issued by state where employed
• Current BLS CPR certification
• Certification for other duties as required by the State Practice Act
• Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training
• Skills and Experience
• Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
• Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of job, including image and both verbal and written communication skills
• Possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, including conflict resolution skills
• Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
• Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs as required
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!