Care Managers are needed for the following locations: Kinston/ Greenville NC. Please note on resume the area which you are applying for.
The RN Care Manager addresses the needs of the population served by assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the options and services required and using communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective health outcomes. Ensures the coordination and continuity of health care for patients as they transition from one facility to other settings. Works within the Registered Nurse scope of practice, and in concert with the Primary Care Provider, patient, caregivers, family members, other members of the Care Management Team and the community to coordinate a full continuum of health care services considering the holistic needs of the member, inclusive of unique social and cultural dynamics. Supervises and manage care teams.
Minimum Qualifications (Degrees/Certificates)
Associate’s Degree or better from an accredited School of Nursing with an unrestricted license to practice nursing in NC
Certified Case Manager (CCM) Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint use and e‐mail communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Dependable, manages time well; efficient and organized.
- Ability to produce accurate work; ability to perform multiple tasks in a proficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrate good supervisory and management skills.
Oversight of Care Management Team
- Oversight of Care Management services and activities based on care management standards of practice for enrolled populations.
- Develop, review and Complete comprehensive assessments that are patient-centered and considers the total individual, inclusive of medical, biopsychosocial, behavioral, spiritual and cultural needs of the enrolled population, throughout the continuum of care to improve their health outcomes.
- Work with patients/caregivers, to identify and address behavioral, social, cultural, and environmental strengths and barriers as it relates to his/her diagnosis, treatment, and access to care.
- Implement Care Management interventions, set goals, and develop the plan of care based on transitional care discharge plans/instructions, the comprehensive assessment and patients’ goals.
- Implement patient-centered plans using therapeutic skills and techniques such as trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, strengths-based, and solution-focused modalities.
- Facilitate and provide education to patient/family about clinical diagnosis, medications, available resources, prevention, and risk factors to achieve optimal self-management,
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of interventions to the enrolled populations by setting patient-centered SMART goals in collaboration with the patients’ and families’ identified goals.
- Delegates tasks and referrals to members of the care management team appropriately, accurately and timely according to established workflows.
- Serve as an advocate and liaison among the patient/family, community services, primary providers, specialists, and other care team members to coordinate services.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members to facilitate achievement of desired health outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation in the Care Management documentation platform, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Engage and maintain collaborative relationships with community provider agencies that promote quality care and cost-effective health care utilization.
- Adhere to NCCHCA privacy and security policies to ensure that patient and network data are properly safeguarded.
- Abide by department guidelines, company policies, and HIPAA regulations.
- Attend departmental and corporate meetings, local and regional trainings, or other events as required
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.
- Will perform home visits as required by clinical judgment, patient needs and policies and procedures.
- Support organizational goals and objectives in meeting performance improvement targets for various initiatives, programs and standards of care.
- Review, data analysis that supports care management, standardized plans of care expectations, and team development, to ensure organizational and team goals are met.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop, and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work and distant vision requirements.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- May work remotely as defined by the health center or NCCHCA policy.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period or drive distances.
- Must have an operational automobile and current active NC drivers’ license and auto insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.