OIC Of Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Edgecombe County
September 13, 2022
August 24, 2022
JOB TITLE: Accounting Supervisor
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
DURATION: Open Until filled
HIRING RANGE: $50,000 – $65,000
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Finance Staff with Accounts Payable as the main function for this role, which includes entering, updating and maintaining accounts payable files for all vendors and financial documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process account payables daily and follow up on vendor balance/statement discrepancies.
• File and maintain financial records and documentation.
• Ensure appropriate approvals of check requests/vendor invoices according to Authorization and Contract management policy.
• Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Schedule timely payments to vendors and approval of payroll in coordination with Cash flow projection.
• Daily Supervision of AR Analyst, AP Analyst and Accounting Assistant.
• Responsible for timely and accurate filing of annual 1099 reports to IRS.
• Responsible for timely renewal and documentation of Insurance policies.
• Back up to preparation and filing of sales tax reports semi-annually
• Assist Corporate Controller in the inter-company transfer of funds to the payroll bank account.
• Backup AR Analyst in all tasks related to Accounts receivable and reporting.
• Assist the Controller/Office Manager with financial audits.
• Assist in month-end close. Analyze the general ledger verifying all expenses and revenues are accounted for.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by Corporate Controller and CFO.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; a minimum of four years’ experience handling vendors/finances and supervision of staff; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: MS Office, familiarity with intermediate accounting and bookkeeping procedures, QuickBooks, Abila or other accounting software packages. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Good typing skills, attentive to details and accuracy; organized, ability to effectively communicate with staff and resolve issues, good oral and written communications skills
NCCHCA’s weekly Focal Point newsletter includes key updates and resources for Community Health Centers. Subscribe now to ensure you don’t miss important announcements.