Federal 340B Drug Discount Program
The 340B program is a lifeline for Community Health Centers and the patients they serve. Savings from 340B drug discounts support vital services at health centers and ensure that medications are affordable for low-income and uninsured individuals.
Community Health Centers reinvest savings from the 340B program to:
- Provide access to low-cost medications for uninsured patients
- Provide medication management services
- Offer patient navigation services that connect patients to other community services
- Integrate clinical pharmacists on the care team and primary care providers to manage chronic conditions
- Support staff time to work on quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct local community health education
- Expand pharmacy services through innovative initiatives, such as a medication delivery service pilot
Expand the regions below for health center stories about the positive impacts of the 340B program.