OIC of Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Nash County
February 08, 2022
High School / GED
January 24, 2022
JOB TITLE: Family Practice Physician Assistant Or Family Practice Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
DURATION: Open Until Filled
HIRING RANGE: To Be Discussed – Competitive and Compensatory with Experience
The Physician’s Assistant responsible for providing competent, appropriate and legal primary care services to OIC patients. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides direct outpatient primary care to patients by performing diagnostic and therapeutic services to assist physician in diagnosing medical and health and prescribing necessary treatment for primary patient care; records pertinent data for review by physicians.
· Takes patient history; conducts physical exams, records data; writes progress notes and narrative summaries.
· Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible and per physician assistant protocols.
· Act as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed per protocols
· Requisitions on and off-site lab and x-ray exams as needed per protocol.
· Participates in continuing education activities on- and off-site when appropriate and feasible.
· Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
· When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
· Maintains appropriate medical certification as required by the NC Medical Board.
· Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner . National Certification as a PA./ NP Licensed to practice by the NC Board of Medical Examiners. Ongoing documented continuing education required
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Analyze and critique judgment mid-level providers; Manage clinic flow of patients and establish time management principles; Perform outpatient procedures; Work with volunteer Emergency Rescue squads; Articulate instructions to low-income patients; Multi-tasked; Good written and verbal communication skills; Critical Thinking; Problem Solving
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!