Charlotte Community Health Clinic
Charlotte, North Carolina • All Counties
February 28, 2023
High School / GED
February 23, 2023
Job Description: Grant Writer
Title: Grant Writer
Reports to: COO
The Grant Writer is responsible for all areas of grant proposal development: identifying needs; identifying funding sources; developing proposals; providing technical support for proposal development; maintaining grant-related record keeping and conducting grant-related research. This position will be responsible for maintaining and increasing grant support for CCHC and assisting all department areas related to social media, fundraising, and marketing.
CCHC Core Requirements:
1. Patient Centered Customer Service – Whether directly or indirectly, we work to support the delivery of an excellent patient experience to everyone served by the organization.
2. Caring and Compassion – We provide empathic comfort to those in distress and share kindness in all interpersonal interactions.
3. Respectful Communication – We communicate openly, honestly and without judgment while honoring each individual’s uniqueness and assuming the best of those with whom we interact.
4. Teamwork – We are members of a diverse interdisciplinary team working together to meet a common goal.
5. Accountability – We accept our individual and team responsibilities, and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance and actions.
6. Customer Safety – We recognize and correct potential hazards to protect our customers and ourselves.
• Develop interim and final grant reports.
• Prepare project budgets and write budget narratives
• Research, identify, and qualify funding opportunities.
• Timely and accurate submission of grant/fund related reports
• Initiate communication with staff.
• Develop a deep understanding of program content.
• Manage efficient operational systems.
• Ensure accurate records and timely communication with funders.
• Oversee grants calendar and maintain up-to-date database records.
• Develop materials that show the progress of programs for updates and ongoing communications.
• Maintains accurate grants calendar.
• Serve as the Lead for Grants Management Meeting
• Provide monthly grant/donation updates
• Responsible for output of all donations and in-kind gifts; Thank You letters and notes.
• Assists the Directors with actions related to an up-to-date website, email marketing, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter presence for the CCHC.
• Attends/schedules volunteers for an engagement at community outreach events.
• 80% grant writing, 20% development
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, and meet deadlines. Competent in Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPress, Facebook, Instageam, Twitter and database entry. Able to supervise and direct volunteers.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a related field preferred with at least three years of related experience is required.
• Experience in non-profit development, grant writing, and reporting.
• Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the grant writing field.
• Knowledge of restricted fund accounting principles, procedures, and standards.
• Knowledge of federal, state and/or community funding sources and mechanisms.
• Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state and federal.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The Mission of Charlotte Community Health Clinic is to provide the highest quality, patient centered, health care services for low-income and other underserved individuals. Our Vision is a healthy community where all individuals, regardless of ability to pay, will have access to comprehensive, coordinated quality health care. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so, we need staff committed to this mission who will do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
• I have read the above job description and agree to perform the duties and responsibilities as described above. I understand that this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities that may be required of me as a Human Resources Coordinator
Signature: ____________________________ Date: ____________________
Print Name: __________________________
Charlotte Community Health Clinic, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to age, race, sex, national origin, disability, color, marital status, veteran’s status, or religion.
More options than ever are available! Click the button below to request help reviewing your options
Hay ayuda disponible para analizar sus opciones. Haga clic en el botón para solicitar ayuda gratuita e imparcial.