OIC Family Medical Center
Rocky Mount, North Carolina • Nash County
October 03, 2022
September 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Physician Assistant (Family Medicine)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: To Be Discussed – Competitive and Compensatory with Experience
The Physician’s Assistant responsible for providing competent, appropriate and legal primary care services to OIC patients. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
• Provides direct outpatient primary care to patients by performing diagnostic and therapeutic services to assist physician in diagnosing medical and health and prescribing necessary treatment for primary patient care, records pertinent data for review by physicians.
• Takes patient history; conducts physical exams, records data; writes progress notes and narrative summaries.
• Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible and per physician assistant protocols.
• Act as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed per protocols
• Requisitions on and off-site lab and x-ray exams as needed per protocol.
• Participates in continuing education activities on- and off-site when appropriate and feasible.
• Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
• When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
• Maintains appropriate medical certification as required by the NC Medical Board.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant. National Certification as a PA. Licensed to practice by the NC Board of Medical Examiners. Ongoing documented continuing education required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
Speak with an enrollment assister to explore your health insurance options!
¡Hable con un asistente de inscripción para explorar sus opciones de seguro médico!