OIC Of Rocky Mount
ROCKY MOUNT, North Carolina • Vance County
September 06, 2022
August 25, 2022
JOB TITLE: Registered Dietitian (RD Certification Required)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 09/18/2022
HIRING RANGE: $50,000 to $65,000/annually
***Grant Funded Position***
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization unless you are approved for an accommodation due to a religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
The Registered Dietitian will provide comprehensive, complex nutrition and health education services to medically high-risk patients with a variety of nutritional challenges such as those dealing with acute, chronic, and terminal conditions. Position will receive complex, critical referrals requiring independent analysis of patients’ medical condition and creation of a treatment plan in concert with an interdisciplinary team approach. The Registered Dietitian will independently apply and abide by necessary guidelines, standards, and reference materials related to their discipline to meet patient needs as well as program goals and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
• Counsel patients on healthy food choices, physical activity, and other dietary/nutritional needs and concerns.
• Plan patient care independently or in concert with an interdisciplinary team.
• Interpret medical and laboratory information from hospital referral treatment plans, interpreting their application to the home environment.
• Document patient encounters and notes in electronic health record.
• Serve as a technical resource, providing consultation and training to providers and other team members in developing the nutritional component of patient care plans.
• Assist in developing clinic flow, patient referral criteria, operational standards, and procedures.
• Assist in the development of promotional materials such as handouts, newsletters, etc.
• Act as consultant to school nurses, fitness program staff, and other community partners.
• Assists with special research projects, gathering comprehensive data and statistics to make proposals based on trends in the nutritional health education field.
• Represent the organization at various community functions, speaking and presenting to the public as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Valid Registered Dietitian (RD) certification with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience; Thorough knowledge of disease pathophysiology in relation to nutritional theories and practices; Valid Driver’s License.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
More options than ever are available! Click the button below to request help reviewing your options
Hay ayuda disponible para analizar sus opciones. Haga clic en el botón para solicitar ayuda gratuita e imparcial.