United Health Centers
Winston Salem, North Carolina • All Counties
May 25, 2021
May 03, 2021
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Report To: Chief Executive Director
Population Served: United Health Centers (UHC) will provide open access, community-oriented primary care of the highest quality to all residents, migrants and seasonal farmworkers, as well as, visitors of Forsyth County and surrounding counties, regardless of their ability to pay.
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will oversee all operations in connection with financial matters including accounts receivable and payable; payroll and auditing, general ledger, and management information systems. The CFO will develop and initiate systems, policies and procedures for transacting financial matters, and ensure that the financial system is accurate, efficient, and in accordance with professional practices and governmental regulations. Analysis of cost as pertains to managed care.
1. Develop and implement internal controls and coordinate annual audit.
2. Manage accounts receivable, collections or receivables and control billing to third parties.
3. Supervise finance department staff.
4. Oversee general accounting to ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
5. File all reports to include UDS report, Financial Status Report, Medicare and Medicaid.
6. Design and produce financial reports for management and Board.
7. Serve as liaison between management and Board Finance Committee.
8. Work in conjunction with CEO to plan and finance growth of UHC.
9. Provide needed data and cost analysis to assist Senior Leadership Team in decision making.
10. Plan and monitor cash requirements, prepare budgets, and assist with preparation of grants.
11. Participate in quarterly Provider Meetings on an as needed basis.
12. Compliance with workflows, policies and procedures as well as other activities to support PCMH model of care and accreditation.
Other job duties may be required that are not listed above.
Qualifications: Numerical ability to analyze problems and develop accounting systems to accurately control financial activity as normally acquired through a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a major in Accounting; MBA and CPA preferred from an accredited university/college. Knowledge and experience in health care finance and cash management, including third party reimbursement and Federal guidelines regarding budget, and grant management required. Ability to perform a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in report analysis, familiarity with annual auditing procedures, preparation of annual budgets, and rating as normally acquired through a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a higher-level healthcare accounting position. Oral and written communication skills to present and discuss financial issues with Administration, and Board of Directors Knowledge of the healthcare industry as normally acquired through a minimum of one (1) year previous management experience in a similar environment.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.