Charlotte Community Health Clinic
Charlotte, North Carolina • Mecklenburg County
October 19, 2020
October 01, 2020
Charlotte Community Health Clinic offers high-quality medical, dental, and behavioral health services for children and adults. We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our team. The CFO is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall financial strategy of the Clinic and for all financial management, reporting, and planning of the organization. As well as overseeing the financial, accounting, and revenue cycle functions. As a key officer of the organization, the CFO will partner with the Management Team to implement strategies and policies across the organization. This is a full-time position and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Provides financial leadership for the organization, participating with the Management Team to the develop the strategic direction for the Clinic and working with leadership to perform financial analysis to support key strategies and decisions. Consults with leadership and the Board of Directors on the financial implications of these strategies and decisions and recommends alternatives to optimize the financial performance of the organization.
• Oversees all fiscal operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, billing, collections, purchasing, and general accounting; including the maintenance of effective systems of general accounting and billing.
• Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
• Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Responsible for monthly and year-end closing processes and prepares monthly financial statements. Maintains timely and accurate financial accounting records on the accrual basis of accounting.
• Prepares financial and operational reports to track health center performance on key measures.
• Continually evaluates the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports and forecasts on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth. Make recommendations on the actions to enhance financial performance.
• Attends the monthly Finance Committee meeting of the Board of Directors, presenting the financial statements and other analysis. Provides insight into the current financial position of the organization. Also, at the request of the CEO, attends monthly Board meetings and provides financial reports to the Board.
• Responsible for annual audit, including preparation of all necessary worksheets and account analyses, and reporting to management, Finance Committee, and Board.
• Participates in development and preparation of final year-end financial statements.
• Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of all regulatory reports (i.e. FFR, FCTR, UDS, Medicare Cost report, Medicaid Cost report, IRS Form 990, Form 5500, etc.).
• Responsible for working with management staff on the preparation of the annual budget as well as individual grant budgets; coordinates all departmental budgets; monitors departmental budgetary performance; works with department heads to ensure that expenditures comply with legal and budgetary requirements.
• Interacts with leadership and management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial planning component.
• Develops, supervises, and coordinates all efforts to attain maximum third-party reimbursement.
• Develops and makes recommendations for annual updates to the Sliding Fee Discount Schedule and the Schedule of Fees.
• Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, training, and evaluation of the Finance and Billing department staff.
• Collaborates with Development staff to record and track financial and in-kind donations along with local and state grant funds awarded to CCHC.
• Assist Development staff by preparing financial reports required by donors and funders.
• Assist the CEO by preparing budgets and ongoing financial reports required by federal grants awarded to CCHC.
• Ensures all insurance coverages including D&O, malpractice, general liability, property, etc. are in place each year.
• Assists HR in review and revision of benefit plans, compensation structure, and staffing levels. Also acts in conjunction with HR to administer employee benefits program.
• Maintains awareness of legislation and regulations affecting the organization’s business environment.
• Participation/involvement in Quality Improvement activities.
• All other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Effectiveness as the CFO is measured by the ability to work efficiently through others, to align people and strategy, and demonstrate sound judgment when tough decisions are necessary.
• Experience in a senior financial management role.
• Experience with preparing and interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Strategic thinker with the ability to perform financial analysis of key decisions.
• Significant knowledge of and experience in non-profit accounting, including grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
• Knowledge and experience in health care finance, including third party reimbursement mechanisms
• Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements.
• Knowledge of clinic financial and budgetary practices to develop annual budget, analyze financial data and patterns, and prepare financial statements.
• Knowledge of applicable governmental cost principles, budgeting and reporting requirements, and governmental auditing principles.
• Strong managerial skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships across functional areas.
• Customer focus and results orientation.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance. MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
• A minimum of 5-10years’ experience with management experience and responsibility for all major areas of accounting and financial management.
• Experience with reporting related to federal grants.
• Experience in revenue cycle management in a healthcare environment desirable.
• Experience with Financial Edge software a plus.
• Development experience preferred.
Click the button for community health center specific resources on billing and reimbursement, telehealth, clinical practice, human resources, special populations, childcare, funding opportunities, and state and federal resources.