It’s almost time again to celebrate National Health Center Week, which this year is August 9-15, 2020: Lighting the Way for Healthier Communities Today and in the Future
- Sunday, 8/9 – Public Health in Housing Day
- Monday, 8/10 – Health Care for the Homeless Day
- Tuesday, 8/11 – Agricultural Worker Health Center Day
- Wednesday, 8/12 – Patient Appreciation Day
- Thursday, 8/13 – Stakeholder Appreciation Day
- Friday, 8/14 – Health Center Staff Appreciation Day
- Saturday, 8/15 – Children’s Health Day
North Carolina’s community health centers play a vital role in our state’s healthcare safety net. They are innovators in healthcare delivery and feature a patient-governed medical home model that utilizes care teams and enabling services to help patients address their medical and social needs.
Today, they play the following role in NC:
• Serve nearly over half a million patients (41% uninsured, 25% Medicaid, 14% Medicare and 20% private insurance).
• Offer sites in 85 of North Carolina’s 100 counties and care to patients from all counties.
• Provide medical, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health and substance abuse services.
• Participate in new delivery systems, such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Accountability Care Organizations and a Health Center Controlled Network that analyzes patient data to improve care
• Generate & support about 4,000 jobs across the state
• Have the staff expertise & outreach ability to help patients as the state moves through its Medicaid transformation
There are NHCW events scheduled across North Carolina, though they will look a little different this year due to COVID19.
To learn more about NHCW and the listing of events please visit: https://healthcenterweek.org/
You can also follow the conversation using #NHCW20 or #ValueCHCs on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.