On February 4th, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) announced Standard Plan awardees for the state’s Medicaid transition.
Statewide Awarded Prepaid Health Plans include:
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina, Inc.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- UnitedHealthcare of North Carolina, Inc.
- WellCare of North Carolina, Inc.
One Regional Awarded Provider-Led Entity:
- Carolina Complete Health (Regions 3 and 5)
NC DHHS also announced regions 2 and 4 will be in phase 1 of rollout which will begin November 1, 2019. The remaining regions will be rolled out February 3, 2020.
NC FQHCs are considered essential providers and are expected to be offered good-faith contracts with all plans.