There is a lot of new information about contact tracing in North Carolina. Please refer to these recently updated documents for details.
Contact Tracing Next Steps After Testing_English_Color
Contact Tracing Next Steps After Testing_English_BW
Contact Tracing Next Steps After Testing_Spanish_Color
Contact Tracing Next Steps After Testing_Spanish_BW
As we get closer to developing and approving a safe COVID19 Vaccine in the United States, we have a large volume of information to share. Check out our COVID19 Vaccine page to see it all.
New Guidance to Health Departments after Community Spread Documented in NC
Updated Clinician and Laboratory Guidance (from NCDHHS/CDC):
Updated Provider Guidance
See the revamped NC DHHS Providers, Hospitals, and Labs page for latest guidance.
Information sheet on Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome MIS-C_ClinicianMemo_120120
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Information
Form to request PPE: https://nc.readyop.com/fs/4cit/40fd
PPE Requested/ PPE received, from national stockpile and privately: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard#ppe
A useful guide resource from CCNC: What to Do If You NEED Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
COVID Testing Guidance
COVID-19 Specimen Collection Device Guidelines – Quest Diagnostics
Post-COVID-19 Testing: Instructions for Patient – (in English and Spanish) ComWell Health
Guidance on Scarce Resource Management of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
As part of the COVID-19 response, healthcare partners are being requested to utilize the Scarce Resource Management Phases guidance document to conserve the supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Strategies include: decrease use; extended use; reuse; reallocate/prioritize; and, use of expired PPE. Use the normal resource request process through local emergency managers if needs arise. The North Carolina Department of Labor Memorandum of March 13th allows for the consideration of the use of expired PPE under certain situations.
CCNC Triage Line
CCNC has initiated a triage line and has produced some explanatory documents for how it will function. They follow.
- CCNC CT Project Overview (a word document)
- CCNC COVID Triage Plus Overview (a powerpoint presentation)
- CCNC Covid19-triage-plus-patient-facing flier
- CCNC Covid19-triage-plus-provider-facing flier
- has developed clinical evaluation criteria for providers, as well as information about COVID-19 symptoms, prevention, and treatment (including educational materials in Chinese and Spanish). Along with limiting your exposure to sick individuals, hand washing is one of the best precautions you can take to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- CDC guidance for healthcare providers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/index.html
- CDC Flowchart for Patient Evaluation: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/identify-assess-flowchart.html
AHEC COVID19 Practice Financial Health Tipsheet
NC Dental State Board of Dental Examiners Statement of March 16, 2020
The Board issued a statement on COVID-19 guidance strongly recommending that dentists put into place the best possible infection control and sterilization protocols for both operating and common waiting rooms. Although not mandated, the Board also recommends a two week postponement period, beginning March 17th, for elective or non-urgent care. The full statement is available here.
How to Prepare Dental Equipment During an Extended Absence (WDA Service Solutions)
Improving Financial Health During COVID-19
During this national emergency, practices are experiencing rapid growth of patients wanting to cancel appointments due to fear of COVID-19. Keeping your patients safe is the upmost importance but keeping your practice financially healthy is important too. AHEC has listed some ideas below on ways to be smart about methods your patients can seek care during this pandemic.
Workflow Resources from Advance Community Health:
- Patient Calls Outreach Process Map Workflow
- Healthcare for the Homeless (HCH) COVID-19 Workflow Model
- Health Healthcare for the Homeless – Oak City Respiratory Diagnostic Center (RDC) Testing Referral
- Curbside Telehealth Model
- POD Workflow
- Pharmacy Medication Home Delivery Workflow
- Dental Phone, Virtual Visit, and Teledentistry Model
- Transitional Care Management for COVID-19 Patients: Soft Landing back to PCP and Care Management of COVID-19 Patients Workflow
- Dental Patient Calls Outreach Workflow
- Front Desk Doxy.Me Mobile Check In Workflow
- Direct Scheduling for LCSW/Behavioral Health Services Workflow
- COVID-19 Curbside Testing Model
- Phone, Virtual Visit, and Telehealth Models
Mental Health Resource list from Nursing License Map site
Resources from Quest:
COVID-19 Back to Life Brochure:a solution to help people who are thinking about resuming daily routines— such as work, care, school, dining out, sports, etc—by providing key insights about COVID-19 status.
COVID-19 Back to School_Sell Sheet_Brochure:a solution to help your students, faculty, and staff understand their risk so that they can stay focused on education. The program combines prescreening with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) antibody testing for an asymptomatic person and molecular testing for a symptomatic or high-risk person to provide insights into their COVID-19 status.
Sutter’s Mill Price Lists
NC CHCs can order PPE items from supplier Sutter’s Mill here.
Flyers about items availabe from the distributor follow.
ASTM F2100 Test Report（Taibao Surgical Mask）s